Back to News
30 October 2023
Swap Don't Shop
Swap Don’t Shop
Every Friday from 14:00 - 17:00, here at the Queen Mary Centre.
Swap don't Shop is a community market with a difference. Here you can swap things or time in exchange for other things we have on offer. This is a cash free zone!
How It Works
Come and visit the Swap don't Shop community market in the Queen Mary Centre every Friday from 2pm - 5pm. It is free to enter and everyone's welcome. Every visit to the Swap don't Shop can be exchanged for something from the 'free cycle' community market stall. Every week we offer a chance for you to help us with the sorting and categorising of donated goods. You can get involved as much or as little as you want to.
- You can swap your time for something you want or need
- You can swap a donation of a good quality item for something you want or need
- You can run your own stall and invite your own customers
In 2023/24 we are looking to create 40 new home packs for our Homeless Charity to help our clients when they move on to independent living.
Things we are always in need of include:
- Nonperishable food items like tins, pasta and rice
- Good quality and clean bedding, duvets, pillows
- Good quality and clean, soft furnishings and decorative items
- Good quality and clean kitchen utensils
- Brand new electrical equipment
- Good quality and clean shoes and adult clothing
- Books, jigsaw puzzles, games
- Unused, unopened toiletries
Swap Don’t Shop community market and freecycle event is hosted by the QMC and the Ferry Project and is funded by Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.